Friday 4 May 2012

Interiors Mini Project 01 Toilet Roll Holder


OK so it's not the most exciting mini-project to start with but it's something I've wanted to do since I moved into this house: the toilet roll dispenser in the main bathroom. I really like the deco styling but the pale NHS blue shiny paint (which the whole bathroom is currently painted) is horrible. I'm hoping the chrome under all the layers of paint will be in good enough condition to leave it as that although I suspect it may need painting in some way...






Slowly slowly all the layers of paint come off and... dammit. The chrome isn't very nice.

I think the new look for this is going to be a Pewter metallic on the chrome, white gloss on the steel rod and maybe a bit of a stain on the timber to darken it up. Watch this space for the 'after' shots once I've decided on and sourced all the paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment